She tells me that she loves the way that I make everyone jealous. The way that I refuse to share the incredible things she cooks, for example.
And the way that I jealously guard our time together. And the secrets that I keep, I suspect, about all of the things that we get up to.
I was standing outside with some co-workers the other day, smoking and shooting the breeze. Enjoying a tiny break from the job that keeps me away from her for 12 hours a day, 5 days a week. Two friends, one nearly half my age, unmarried and unattached, the other a few years older than me. Married twice, with a son just hitting his teens. They younger friend mentioned something about the older one getting his wife to dress up in a cheer-leader outfit for him. This idea was met with laughter, and the general feeling that if Older wanted to get neutered, that would be a great way to start the process.
I didn't join in with the good-natured "ah, married life" ribbing that husbands often give their wives (when they're not around, of course) because what am I going to say? My wife once gave me head in a grade school playground? That she loves to call me "Daddy"? Or maybe that we've had sex in public on numerous occasions?
Or maybe I could tell them all about the rather amazing changes in our relationship that have taken place in the last three months? Which I haven't yet written here about, because I'm just starting out, but seriously. Big stuff on the horizon, writing wise.
They wouldn't get it anyway. It's not the what, it's the why.
So, yeah, no. Just like her baking, and the amazing way she treats me, that's all just for me.
And for anyone reading, of course...
No comments:
Post a Comment